Untethered

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

There will be no walk of shame


Walking to dinner I told Andy I can't be in a relationship at all and I took my hand and made a fist and held it to his chest. It's like that inside, no tentacles to even reach out with. The mere act of expressing this bubble-headed thought unleashed a great rusty shift, leaving me with the urge to crawl up in bed with someone and feel his breath smooth my forehead, lips graze my neck. Madly, inexcusably, against all odds at the mercy of my capricious heart. But alack alas, at every opportunity I run. My heart is not frozen, it is in fact far too open. I don't trust my own judgment. Rather than make a mistake...I'm getting a dog. Love me love me love me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NutriSystem Weight Loss