Untethered

Monday, September 17, 2007

A very very very fine...room

But my successes with NYC men may not be looking so good if the phone call I just had is any indication...



This guy who asked me out months ago then never called, out of the blue he calls a week or so ago. It wasn't as if I'd been wronged, the guy said he'd come to my yoga class and when he didn't well, whatever. Frankly, he was a hot, fit, young guy. It was just what I needed when he expressed interest. God, do I WANT to find out the ways in which it's not going to work?




So, when he called and asked me out again, I said, "Sure!" Maybe Thursday. Then he didn't call again till Tuesday. Besides the fact that I had made other plans at that point, I must mention he'd sown a seed of doubt himself. As we were getting off the phone he said, hey, I bet ya think I won't call ya. I replied, quite honestly, that the thought hadn't crossed my mind. Well, not hearing from him, the thought definitely crossed my mind. Lodged might be a better verb for that.

I was on the other line when he called, and I told him I'd call back but it slipped my mind. Just now, today, almost a week later, he calls to say, "I just wanted to let you know I noticed you didn't call me back, so obviously you're not interested." OK, I'm not getting on the couch with this one, clearly, self sabotage/self esteem issues. But, hi, can you say cheeky monkey! I told him not to call me back. Ever. Can't a girl just have some fun?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NutriSystem Weight Loss