Untethered

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Orange alert-SAVE ME FROM MYSELF

Internet dating has taken all the fun out of dating. Under the guise of, I don't know, preparedness, we now must "know" everything about our date before meeting. Want kids? Believe in God? Favorite color?

I pine for the pedestal. The blind crush. That teen-age feeling.

At a show the other night I happened to be sitting with a couple clearly on a match.com kinda date. "So, you have, what, two kids?" "That's right." Talk about showing and not telling. Last night I met up with a match. Oy. He actually said, "It's sad, but I've just become really very judgmental, I mean, there are so many single people out there." As if Internet dating has changed the number of single people, or even a single person's nature. I'm gonna guess this dude was judgmental long before he ever hopped online for love. I know I was.

That's why I want to suspend disbelief, and not just at the movies but in my own reality TV show known as right now. Where are thou, SPONTANEITY?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NutriSystem Weight Loss