Untethered

Saturday, November 17, 2007

starving in Manhattan

Sweet dreams.

Twice now, someone I'd like to have as a lover has said this to me. You can see the problem already? Someone I can only claim I would "like" to have as my lover is wishing me a good night's sleep.

Forget that it's the ex's trademark line, one that made my heart melt. I have owned the shit out of it in the ensuing months. It's too good to lose. I'd wish the bodega guy sweet dreams if I could work it into the conversation.

Imagining the soft press of his breath on my ear as he says the words led me to realize I am starving for tenderness. He is a terrible bet for a life raft, but he'll do for a snack in this vast and dangerous sea.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NutriSystem Weight Loss