Untethered

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Plan plans

I know you can plan plans but not results, but this is a little extreme. And funny, because I've been talking about this concept a lot lately.

Yesterday I sent an email that I wanted to wait to tell my staff I was leaving. I really don't want to be living with that lame duck for a full semester. And God knows I don't want to deal with the questions, particularly when I don't know the answers. Yawn.

The VP responds that I should tell them now, but assure them that I'm prepared to stay on for the full semester. Seems that raises a new question. Namely, could you be any less concerned with my welfare?

How's her scenario to play out? Hey, we found a live body, you've got four weeks to clear out. Quickly! You're single, no kids, what do you have to worry about? But I doubt she's even foraying that far into thoughts of me.

Now me, on the other hand, has been thinking about this topic for some time. And if I can slow down for one minute, it occurs that earlier than 30 November is a grand, grand thing. In fact, the originally propsed date of 3 September taunts. Somehow I don't think we'll end up there, but it's dreamy to contemplate.

Simply put, I can't go back to the U.S. til 1 November. By changing to the 30 November date, I've created a situation that disallows the longed for, necessitated lull. As a result, I've begun job hunting. What happened to concentrating on writing?

So I view this ripple of hers as a gift. An opportunity to get back some of my time. I must concentrate on the strength of that position. Try for once to keep my power in a conversation that involves negotiation, without the bludgeoning. Thursday's the day. Just glad it follows a Wednesday phone interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
NutriSystem Weight Loss